- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3
- Additional Requirements
- A partnered Twitch.TV channel
- Visible Branding
What this Addon Does:
This addon allows users to link their Twitch.TV account to their forum account. If their Twitch.TV account is a paid subscriber to the admin specified Twitch.TV channel, they will automatically get a user account upgrade. This will allow you to grant special membership (via secondary usergroup) to anyone who is a paid subscriber of your Twitch.TV channel.
What this Addon Doesn't Do:
This addon does NOT allow openID login using Twitch.TV accounts. I was contemplating adding this feature; but Twitch.TV's account system is highly suspect. They do not require email addresses or confirmations to create accounts; so allowing users to use it as a secondary login system (like Facebook) could be a potential security risk.
- upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
- install from file on server: "library/EWRtwitch/addon-EWRtwitch.xml"
- set options for the addon in administration control panel
- watch the video below to understand this addon's options: