- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
- Visible Branding
This is a significant and important update!
Please read all the patch notes before you install this update!
- The way additional "spellings" of categories/games has changed!
This new method was implemented because it will greatly reduce the number of cURL operations required for this addon. Let me show an example of how it works with the game "Final Fantasy XV". Depending on which service you ping, the spelling of this game could be different... for instance (these are examples, not necessarily correct)
- Final Fantasy XV (Twitch)
- Final Fantasy 15 (Hitbox)
- /m/08cmr6 (YouTube)
- 18752923 (Beam)
- final-fantasy-xv (Azubu)
Naturally, because of this new system, it takes a small bit more setup on your part... but its much better for performance in the long run. Below is an example of what my setup would be for the game "Overwatch":
- With the above changes to how the spelling system works, you can now fetch YouTube live streams using the "Games" restrictions. YouTube uses the "freebase" ID system, rather than the actual name of the games, so the spelling would have to match that.
For those curious on how to get the Google "freebase" ID of a topic (such as Overwatch), you would simply need to go to the following URL (with your API_KEY for YouTube):
Also keep in mind that the freebase system is deprecated from Google, even though its what YouTube still uses. Because of this, it can sometimes be a bit finicky and inaccurate.
- You can now fetch BeamPro live streams using the "Games" restriction.
- Updated all API calls to prepare for the new Twitch API changes coming on August 8. In the future, an API key (Client-ID) will be required to fetch details from the Twitch API. You can read about it here. If you use my Twitch Subscribers addon, you just use that Client-ID as your API key.
- There is now a stream listing page for each service, which you can access from the admin services menu.
- BUG FIX: Dailymotion chat rooms now works again.