- Compatible XF Versions:
Allows searching posts using exact text.
(Example of Input page)
(Example of Results page)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
- Advanced Search link is added to your Forums tab navigation bar.
- Exact text searching.
- Case insensitive.
- Accent insensitive.
- Search messages or titles.
- Search all forums or only those you select.
- Search by username option.
- Search word not required.
- All phrases start with advancedsearch_ for your convenience.
Questions and Answers:
- Download advancedsearch_v1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-AdvancedSearch_v1.6.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Q: Will search text be found in private forums?
A: Only if viewer has view privilege for that forum.
Q: Will search text be found in soft deleted posts?
Q: Can I enter any search text including parenthesis, quotes, slashes and similar text?
Q: Can I enter partial words?
Q: Does this add-on require Enhanced Search?
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.