- Compatible XF Versions:
The Amazon Parser All add-on will update existing Amazon links to links which include your Amazon affiliate ID number. This add-on will go through every post on your forum and update Amazon links.
After updates are completed, you will want to use the Amazon Parser All add-on once every few months to verify all Amazon links are properly converted on your forum.
(Example of Options page)
- Different affiliate IDs can be added for each country
- Adds affiliate ID to Amazon Product Links. Amazon Product Link will have /dp/ in the URL.
- Deletes any existing affiliate IDs and adds your affiliate ID
- Only the Admin can run this add-on
- Requires exec() execution
- Requires VPS or dedicated server
- Only super admins can run this add-on
Operation Step 1:
- Download amazonparserall_v2.1.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-AmazonParserAll_v2.1.xml file and click the Install Add-on button.
Enter your Amazon partner ID into the correct field in the Options page.
Operation Step 2:
If using Full Friendly URLs
Add "amazonparserall/show?limit=1" to the URL in your browser.
If not using Full Friendly URLs
Add "amazonparserall/show&limit=1" to the URL in your browser.
At this point you will see a page like this:
Operation Step 3:
Click the "Update posts" link.
At this point you will get a confirmation message.
Click the back button on your browser.
At this point it will appear as if nothing has happened, that is because you're looking at a cached page.
Reload the page. You will now see the next post number which contains an unconverted Amazon link.
Once you have verified the add-on is working correctly, you can change the limit swith in the URL to 250:
Reload the page. Now you will see 250 posts ready to be converted. You can once again click the "Update posts" link and 250 posts will be converted.Code:http://www.example.com/forums/amazonparserall/show?limit=250
You can make the limit number as high as you want.
If for any reason the same post number continues to show, this means the add-on was not able to convert the link. There can be several reasons for example:
Operation Step 4:
- There is no affiliate number entered into the Options page for that country.
- The URL is not properly formed, it may contain other BB Codes as an example.
Once the Amazon links have been all converted you will want to convert the remaining Amazon links which have existing tags but with other affiliate IDs. To do this you will need to run this SQL in phpMyAdmin:
Change AFFILIATE-ID to your affiliate ID. If the query returns results, you will want to go to each post_id and edit/save the post in order to update the Amazon links to replace the existing affiliate IDs with your affiliate IDs.Code:SELECT post_id FROM xf_post WHERE message LIKE "%amazon.%" AND message LIKE "%/dp/%" AND message LIKE "%?tag=%" AND message NOT LIKE "%AFFILIATE-ID%" ORDER BY post_id DESC
Questions and Answers:
Q: Once I have converted all the eBay links can I uninstall this add-on?
A: Yes, it will no longer be needed.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.
- You must like to download this resource
[Free Add-on ] Amazon Parser All 3.1
Adds Amazon affiliate number to links in messages.