- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.3, 1.4
Minecraft association addon for XenForo. Uses the awesome MCAssoc service by lukegb.
- Displays Minecraft avatar and name on user's profiles and post sidebars (both threads and PMs).
- Customisable colours (see http://i.imgur.com/F1y2w2I.png for a dark example).
- Default colours match XenForo's default theme.
- You can customize the widget to ensure it fits in with your site.
- The system works by associating Minecraft UUIDs with XenForo user IDs.
- Includes support for user promotions and trophy awards based on whether a user has associated their account.
- Great for easily recognising in-game players on your forums and handling support requests.
- Association takes less than 30 seconds if the user already has an MCAssoc account.
- Users without an existing account simply change their skin to one with encoded data (which does not impact their in-game skin at all - data outside visible region) via the provided link.
- No need to collect usernames or passwords. No need for the user to be in-game or type in complicated commands.
- Powered by lukegb's open-source, freely available MCAssoc service.
- Uses templates and phrases to ensure you can change the display of the addon.
- Easy to install.
- Works in conversations/private messages.
Now setting up the addon is easier than ever!
The shared secret is a required setting when configuring the addon and a new, completely automated system has been introduced to allow for domains to be verified and shared secret keys to be generated on-demand. This replaces the old system which required add-on users to send an email to lukegb. Many thanks to lukegb for his help getting these changes deployed.
- Visit https://mcassoc.lukegb.com/
- Enter the domain (where the forums are served from) you wish to verify in the right-hand textbox
- Click the "Sign up" button
- Decide how you want to verify your domain. At present, you can either create a HTML file or add a TXT record to your domain.
- Follow the instructions and click the appropriate button to receive your shared secret.
- Paste the shared secret into the Minecraft association options in XenForo's admin control panel.
- Generate an instance secret to use here and enter it on the settings page.
- The site ID field should exactly match the domain you typed in the sign-up box on the verification site.
If you get stuck at any point and wish to have your domain manually verified, email mcassoc [at] lukegb [dot] com.
You'll need PHP 5.4 or later.
The install procedure should be the same as most other XenForo addons. Here's how it works:
- Grab the latest ZIP from the GitHub releases page.
- Upload everything in the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
- You should now see a new AssociationMc folder in your library directory.
- Use the admin panel and the XML file provided in the ZIP to finalize the install.
- Go to the Home -> Options page in the ACP.
- Find the "Minecraft Association" settings page:
- You will *need to verify your domain to get the shared secret. See the above section ("New verification system") for information on how to do this.
- The instance secret needs to be set to an even length hexadecimal string. This should be treated as a password.
- If you don't know what this means, you can generate an instance secret to use here.
- Save the settings.