We have a new update for XenForo 1.4.9 as well as some minor new functionality and bug fixes. ALL bugs reported to us that we could replicate have been fixed.
Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.4. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.
We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if you set it up properly its free because its just one click) for those who would rather we take care of it for you. Any major issues will be fixed and we'll set it up so you only have to click a button moving forward.
If you want to do this yourself, here are the steps for installation and upgrading. We highly recommend testing any theme you buy or product locally before trying it out on your live board.
- First, you will need to go to audentio.com and login to your customer area.
- Go to your license for whichever product you've purchased. Click 'Download UI.X Add-on'. This add-on is used for functionality purposes as well as downloading the theme itself. This add-on is required.
- After downloading, extract the .zip files somewhere, and upload the contents of /upload/ to your XenForo root directory
- Grab the .xml file in that extracted .zip and install it via the ACP add-on manager.
- Once the add-on is installed, go back to your customer area and generate an API key.
- Once this is done, you can go to Appearance > UI.X > Styles (in your sidebar) and you should see the product you purchased with an install button next to it. Click that.
- There will be some options. Follow the instructions to install automatically (note that you may be prompted to CHMOD your directories). You may also install manually, there are instructions in this area under a tab called 'Install manually'.
- If you ever get stuck, we are a ticket away!
After upgrading has finished, you may need to run through and change a few style properties or merge some templates. If you get stuck WE ARE HERE TO HELP. We want your site to be working properly and for you to love the final result. Post in the thread or create a ticket at audentio.com!
- First, and foremost, make a backup of your theme. A backup of your site as a whole is never a bad idea either especially if you are going to production board
- Second, disable the UI.X Add-on. This will cause some PHP errors if you are missing tables, so its best to just disable it. If you do accidentally forget, you must add $config['enableListeners'] = 0; to your library/config.php file, then start back at step 2.
- Download the latest version of the add-on, located in your downloads area as a green button
- Upload the contents of the /upload/ folder within that extracted zip folder to your root XenForo directory
- After that has finished, go into your XenForo ACP and click on the UI.X add-on. You will get a modal that says upgrade add-on. Browse for the .xml of the add-on that was in the .zip file and continue
- After that has finished, you can choose if you want to update the theme via the add-on or manually. We recommend doing it automatically so that is how we will continue in step 7.
- If you go to Appearance, on the sidebar you'll see UI.X > Styles. Click Update next to the style you want to update, or you can install fresh here as well.
UI.X must be considered a software sitting within XenForo, especially days after a major release. So it must be tested. In fact, if you are uncomfortable, wait a few days for those who are fine beta testing to run through and find some bugs.
- Width toggle defaulted to fluid didn't work quite properly for guests on resize, has been fixed
- Minimal search now works on older versions of Android such as 2.2
- Click twice on main navigation for desktop (mistake) has been fixed, will still do this for mobile because we think its the only way to open dropdowns if they are required (sometimes they are)
- Sticky sidebar didnt render quite perfectly when page width is toggled
- Collapsing user postbit information will allow you to move your mouse inside the entire postbit without collapsing
- Collapsing sidebar is now done with CSS in a file as opposed to inline
- Created style properties for subforums in the node list, for read and unread
- Stay logged in on the dropdown login modal broke to the next line, decreased the font size to fix
- Add icons to the XF Media Gallery sidebar headings
- When search icon as button is turned off, you could still click it to submit the form, bad if you only want to focus the input, this is fixed
- Fixed Node List > Node Options > Node Styling, template was not included for some reason in the last release
- Sticky on scroll up offset increased so it wasn't as sensitive
- Sticky elements would not unstick when the offcanvas was active in certain cases
- Off canvas navigation on Android 4.1 and 4.2 in Chrome has been fixed (Thanks @Anthony Parsons)
- Sticky threads can be collapsed - uses a cookie now
- Sticky threads that have new content (new reply, new stick, thread moved, first post edited) will not be automatically unstuck so the content must be read again. There are settings for this as well.
- Sticky position elements added margins in some situations for non-admins
- Collapse message info supported in conversations
- Posting a profile message for the profile account dropdown didn't show the character count or update it, this has been fixed
- Default navigation style for the main navigation default to UI.X style but can be reverted to XenForo's default style, which we did just because some people requested it - even though we don't think its the best UX
- Helpful admin style alerts moved to a xenOption as opposed to a style property
- Jump to top fixed delay hide style property works again
- Compatibility for @Chris D 's Moderation Checkpoint add-on, and any other add-on that doesn't add anchors to the userbar first but instead adds <form> tags or any other tag
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post in the thread!
Thanks for using UI.X!