Totally free spam check plugin. Having been under heavy spam attack recently the plugin I was previously using had a few bugs and I needed some more options so this is the result. This is what I use on my own forum, so suggestions for improvements are welcome.
- Totally free and only uses free services within the plugin.
- Logs actions to the built-in IPS Spam Service Logs (different response codes are used for Stop Forum Spam, PH, Email so you can see which service triggered an action)
- Checks the Stop Forum Spam service and uses the "confidence" part of the API to reduce false positives
- Checks the Project Honeypot service with a configurable threat level (API key required)
- Checks one or more standard DNS Block Lists (DNSBL) such as xbl.spamhaus.org
- Checks IP addresses and takes action based on the country of origin
- Checks a built-in list of hundreds of disposable email providers so that you don't need to add separate Ban Filters in the ACP
- Checks post titles and content against a configurable regular expression and forces moderator approval if matched
- Checks the Akismet service and forces moderator approval if matched