- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3
- Visible Branding
The Moderator Checkpoint System (MCS) is a tool designed to save your moderators' time when they are reading through your forum looking for problems. It shows which posts/threads/forums have been checked already.
- Set usergroup permissions for who can use the MCS
- Users (normally moderators) can switch on the MCS - called Moderation Mode
- Checked posts/threads/forums are highlighted with an admin-specified background colour so it's easy to see which have been checked
- A special Checkpoint page shows all the unchecked threads in the forums which a user moderates
- The thread list has a new column, the number of Unchecked Posts in each thread
- Threads can be sorted by the Unchecked Posts column (the default in Moderation Mode) so the threads needing the most attention are at the top
- When viewing a thread, the number of unchecked posts is displayed at the top of each page
- Active Checking can be enabled.
When Active Checking:
- Posts are automatically marked as checked when they are displayed. The moderator then reads the posts on the page to ensure they are ok. Dodgy posts are dealt with or manually marked as unchecked for later attention.
- Newly checked posts are highlighted with a different background colour to indicate that they need to be read by the moderator
- Once installed (details below) you need to configure the users who can use the Moderator Checkpoint System. The permissions can be set: per user, per group or per node. Follow standard XenForo best practice for applying these permissions to the relevant users.
- Check post:
- This is the basic permission required check posts using the MCS. This allows your moderators to check posts manually (using inline moderation) or automatically (using active checking mode).
- Uncheck post checked by self:
- This permission allows a moderator to uncheck a post providing that post was originally checked by their self. If a moderator attempts to uncheck a post that was checked by another moderator, no action will be taken.
- Uncheck post checked by anyone:
- This permission allows a moderator to uncheck a post that was originally checked by their self or any other moderator.
- Check thread:
- This permission allows a moderator to check an entire thread (multiple threads using the inline moderation from the thread list, or single threads using the Thread Tools drop down from the thread view).
- Uncheck thread:
- Allows a moderator to uncheck a thread or multiple threads (as above).
- View Checkpoint:
- Checkpoint is a special page available to moderators with this permission. If this moderator is a content moderator (for single/multiple nodes) as opposed to a super moderator, then it will show them a view of all unchecked threads in their own forums.
- View another moderator's Checkpoint page:
- This permission activates a drop down on the Checkpoint page, allowing a moderator to view another moderator's forums and the unchecked posts within.
- View Checkpoint page for entire forum:
- Give this permission to your Super Moderators and Administrators who might want a full and complete view of the entire forum and the unchecked status of threads.
- Once you have configured the permissions accordingly. You may want to adjust these options:
- MCS allows you to sort threads based on the number of unchecked posts. For this to work, you will need to rebuild the unchecked counts. This is a long process depending on how many posts your forum has:
- Finally you may want to adjust the default colours for your forum. They can be found in Style Properties.
This add-on can be installed using the Add-On Installer.
- Extract the contents of the Zip file.
- Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
- Install in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.