This sets your Google Analytics tracking to use Universal Analytics and track lots of extra stuff...
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
- Shows user engagement with social media buttons.
- Full Ecommerce tracking if you are selling things like user upgrades).
- Shows user demographics (gender, interests, etc.)
- Event tracking (for example when emails are sent, when a user opens an email, external links being clicked, etc.)
- Keeping true source/medium intact when a user signs in/registers via a third party account (for example Facebook). Also keeps data intact when paying for something via PayPal.
- Shows "Email" as a source/medium when users are clicking links in email to your site.
- Ability to do server-side tracking of users with Analytics Blockers installed.
- Ability to hook into your Analytics data via Google Analytics API to generate things like Heatmaps (see screenshot below).
- Track the most popular forums being used.
- Track what users are searching for on your site.
- Track users with the same Analytics Client ID (multiple users sharing the same computer).
Watch events happening in realtime on your site:
If you enable the API Credentials option, callbacks are made to Google's API servers when you are viewing data coming from your Google Analytics data (for example heatmaps).
There are callbacks made to our licensing server occasionally (never more often than once per hour). Never run in a way that it would affect end user's page load times and will still run if the call ever fails.