Browser Detection (Mobile/MSIE)
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
by Cédric CLAERHOUT
This Addon will allow you to check if the browser is Internet Explorer or is on a mobile device.
XenForo has its own function to check if the browser is on a mobile device or not but its coding is not finished yet. This addon will add some detection features thanks to the following script "Php-mobile-detect".
This addon will also check if the browser is our beloved Internet Explorer and which is version (very useful for theme developers)
1) Upload the files in your forum directory
2) Import the addon xml file
Read me or get killed
- If some addon requires this addon to be install, you just need to install it, that's all. No need to do anything else
- To check how to use the new conditionals (available in templates and php using the XenForo visitor object), please read the Faq
The below paragraph was originally inside the FAQ, but the number of characters has exceeded 20 000:
If you don't want to force your user to install this addon, just use the visitor_setup listener and copy the structure of this addon. Change only the class names and the following line:
You will need no more than 2 minutes to integrate inside your own addon.Code:$Mobiledetect = new Sedo_DetectBrowser_Helper_MobileDetect();
Or another way to proceed:
$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
//Check if mobile
if( class_exists('Sedo_DetectBrowser_Listener_Visitor') && isset($visitor->getBrowser['isMobile']))
$isMobile = $visitor->getBrowser['isMobile'];
$isMobile = XenForo_Visitor::isBrowsingWith('mobile');
- You must like to download this resource
[Free Add-on ] Browser Detection (Mobile/MSIE) 1.3.3
This Addon will allow you to check if the broswer is Internet Explorer or is on a mobile device.