- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
This add-on will create a fully integrated Calendar system based on thread information. Each calender entry links back to the thread it was created from.
(Example of Calendar - pic 1)
(Example of optional sidebar blocks - pic 2)
(Example of Thread Tools in thread view - pic
(Example of calendar notice in thread view - pic 4)
(Example of calendar notice in thread list - pic 5)
(Example of Calendar Add - pic 6)
(Example of Calendar Add Advanced - pic 7)
(Example of Calendar Remove - pic 8)
(Example of Options page - pic 9)
(Example of User Group Permissions - pic 10)
- Easy to use calendar month and year selection (pic 1).
- Option for Today's Calendar Events sidebar block (pic 2).
- Option for Tomorrow's Calendar Events sidebar block.
- Option for Upcoming Calendar Events sidebar block.
- Add or remove calendar dates directly from Thread Tools (pic .
- Thread view shows which calendar dates have been added (pic 4).
- Thread list shows which threads have calendar entries (pic 5).
- Calendar Add allows single or multiple date selection (pic 6).
- Calendar Add Advanced allows selecting reoccurring events over a range of dates (pic 7).
- Calendar Remove will remove all calendar entries for that thread (pic 8).
- Fully customizable holiday options.
- Thread view permissions honored.
- All phrases start with calendar_ for your convenience.
- Download calendar_v4.7.zip and unzip it
- Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page
- Upload the addon-Calendar_v4.7.xml file
- Click the Install Add-on button
This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on located here if you would like to view the Today's Calendar Events in the sidebar:
User Group Permissions:
This determines which user group will see the Calendar.
Calendar Add and Remove All
This allows adding and removing calendar events for any thread. Typically set to Allow for Administrative and Moderating user groups.
Calendar Add and Remove Own
This allows adding and removing calendar events for the thread starter. Typically set to Allow for the Registered user group.
Steps to add a new calendar entry:
- Create a new thread or navigate to existing thread.
- Click Thread Tools.
- Click Calendar Add.
- Select one or a range of dates. Hint hold the shift key to select a range of dates.
- Submit calender event.
- Creates a new table called xf_calendar
- Adds a column to xf_thread called calendar
Q: Will this work with other widget add-ons?
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.