I recently had to write an importer for a PunBB 1.2.x install so I decided to make it also compatible with 1.3.x (an 1.4.x?) and release it to the community.
These are the things I know work (at least for PunBB 1.2.x):
- forums (IDs WON'T be retained from PunBB to XenForo)
- threads and posts
- user groups (and a very basic set of permissions)
- users (passwords are retained and a custom authentication class is provided)
** IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO TEST THIS IMPORTER BEFORE USING IT ON A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT **
** I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS/CORRUPTION **
- upload the whole "/library/CodeInMotion" folder to your "/library/" folder
- install the "addon-cim_punbb_importer.xml" add-on
- you should now see a PunBB option in the list of available importers
- for the the "Custom Avatar Directory", input the complete absolute path of the folder where your avatars are stored (without trailing slash)
Latest Version: 1.40
Release date: Nov 26, 2012
NB: I might not support this very much as my work is essentially done.