- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
- Visible Branding
The Search Log add-on is designed to provide information for the admin and moderators about the type of searches guests and members are making. By looking at the Search Log staff can make better decisions regarding forum design, organization and more.
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Search Log link)
- User group permissions determine who can view the Search Log results
- Result Counts greater than 100 are shown as 100+
- Logs successful and unsuccessful searches
- Search data can be saved for any amount of time
- Search results can be limited to any number of rows
- Fully phrased
When a guest or member makes a search, the search criteria is saved to a table called xf_search_log. When the admin clicks the Search Log link, the data saved in the table is displayed.
Search Log direct link:
If for any reason you would like to access the Search Log directly from the address bar, use this URL:
- Download searchlog_v2.2.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-SearchLog_v2.2.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Be sure to allow the Administrator and any other user group you would like to be able to view the search log.
(Example of user group permission)
This add-on creates a table called xf_search_log.