- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
Similar Threads 4.1
The Similar Threads add-on will do the following:
(Example of Options page)
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is creating a new thread.
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is viewing a thread.
(Example of User Group Permissions)
Question and Answers:
- Supports Standard Search.
- Supports Enhanced Search if available.
- Forum view permissions honored. If a member doesn't have permission to view certain forums, Similar Threads will exclude those forums.
- All phrases start with similarthreads_ for your convenience.
Q: Will Enhanced Search be used automatically if available?
Q: Is it worth installing Enhanced Search?
A: Yes. Enhanced Search returns more accurate similar thread results.
Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
Q: Does Enhanced Search exclude common words?
A: Yes. XenForo will index your thread titles with common words removed.
Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.
Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to Revoke honored?
A: Only if Same Forum is selected in Options.
How the standard search works:
Keywords will match other thread titles in this priority:
- Get new thread title
- Remove common words
- Remove words less than five characters
- Remove punctuation
- From remaining words select first two words and see if other threads contain these keywords
- Both words
- first word
- second word
User Group Permissions:
- Download similarthreads_v4.1.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-SimilarThreads_v4.1.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Normally you will want to set "Allow" for the following two user groups:
Unregistered / Unconfirmed
- You must like to download this resource "Dont forget Like it under Overview tab"
[Free Add-on ] Similar Threads 5.1
Shows a list of similar threads when a user is creating or viewing a thread.