- Compatible XF Versions:
Show only forum titles until member upgrades.
This add-on shows your forum list as normal, this way potential members will see you have many great forums, however if they try to view the forum view, they get the following error:
only members which have purchased an upgrade can view thread content as normal.
- All phrases start with upgraderequired_ for your convenience.
- Download upgraderequired_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-UpgradeRequired_v1.0.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
You will need to set the Group Permissions for:
Unregistered / Unconfirmed
set the "View thread content:" to Not Set (No).
Creating a Notice:
It is recommended you create a Notice which explains that upgrading is required to see thread titles and thread content.
How it works:
The member registers as normal, but if they try to view thread content they get a permission error. Once they upgrade they will be able to see thread content as normal.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.