- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Sends an email reminder to users who have an account upgrade about to expire.
(Example of email that is sent)
View attachment 10165
(Example of Options page)
- Adjustable number of days to send email before upgrade expires.
- Emails are sent automatically via Cron entry.
- Email are sent to non-recurring upgrades only.
- All phrases start with userupgradereminder_ for your convenience.
- Download userupgradereminder_v1.5.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-UserUpgradeReminder_v1.5.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- Edit the following phrases:
- Some forums requre the Language ID to be set. When editing the the phrases, look at the URL and see if the language_id is other than 1, if so set it to the language _id shown in the URL.
- Admin CP -> Users -> List User Upgrades.
- Manually Update User (typically a test account) and set Upgrade Ends date to same as Options setting (default is 7 days).
- Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries
- Under the User Upgrade Reminder Controls, Run the cron manually.
- Verify email is received and looks appropriate.
Q: Can I add links to the userupgradereminder_message phrase?
A: Yes, use HTML code to do this.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.