9yN75.png

[Answered] admin privileges

is there a way to further limit admin privileges?
Like lets say I set user A up as an admin (not putting into the admin user group) and I want to only allow them to add/remove members in user groups. Can I limit the access within the manage users and moderators to just the user groups, or is that not possible?

Similar threads

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
is there a way to further limit admin privileges?
Like lets say I set user A up as an admin (not putting into the admin user group) and I want to only allow them to add/remove members in user groups. Can I limit the access within the manage users and moderators to just the user groups, or is that not possible?
When you add anyone admin in xf 1.x I think you can limit the admin permissions. Have a look under users -> Administrators you fill find your required things there

yea that's what I was referring to, is there a way to further the limits? ill show u what I mean....
that means this person can do pretty much anything under the users tab. so could it be further limited to just allowing them to change the members usergroups instead of being able to edit the members other info, view ip, etc?
1.png
[automerge]1525532560[/automerge]
its hard for me to explain stuff sometimes. but basically this particular user has permissions set to add/remove members to usergroups. and basically that's all I want them to be able to do... being able to change peoples info isn't the best idea since I do have some female only forums...and the way it is set up, they could easily change someones gender and give them access to those forums etc

I did have th join usergroup, but it had some issues with something so I got rid of it. back on vb the members asked to join usergroups, and the group mods approved/denied the requests. th join usergroups would be awesome for this but because it was being stupid I decided to uninstall it, and try out the usergroup to allow certain people access to that in the admin panel.

I know I cant make xf the exact same as how I had the vb site set up, and I'm good with that, but I cant have just me and 1 other person moderating the usergroups, as my site is an xbox gaming community, and we don't actually know who is joining the clans or which clan they are going to etc, so its more feasible for the clan leaders to have the access to that aspect of things.

Last edited:

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
yea that's what I was referring to, is there a way to further the limits? ill show u what I mean....
that means this person can do pretty much anything under the users tab. so could it be further limited to just allowing them to change the members usergroups instead of being able to edit the members other info, view ip, etc?
View attachment 22423
[automerge]1525532560[/automerge]
its hard for me to explain stuff sometimes. but basically this particular user has permissions set to add/remove members to usergroups. and basically that's all I want them to be able to do... being able to change peoples info isn't the best idea since I do have some female only forums...and the way it is set up, they could easily change someones gender and give them access to those forums etc

I did have th join usergroup, but it had some issues with something so I got rid of it. back on vb the members asked to join usergroups, and the group mods approved/denied the requests. th join usergroups would be awesome for this but because it was being stupid I decided to uninstall it, and try out the usergroup to allow certain people access to that in the admin panel.

I know I cant make xf the exact same as how I had the vb site set up, and I'm good with that, but I cant have just me and 1 other person moderating the usergroups, as my site is an xbox gaming community, and we don't actually know who is joining the clans or which clan they are going to etc, so its more feasible for the clan leaders to have the access to that aspect of things.
Well this addon is something that can use for your purpose Promote and Demote User

not sure how that would do what I'm looking to do. this sets what primary and secondary groups are allowed to be changed if I'm interpreting the options correctly... the options I'm looking to restrict aren't within the user groups options, but the individual admin member options...it may not be an option to do what I'm trying to do, maybe.

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
not sure how that would do what I'm looking to do. this sets what primary and secondary groups are allowed to be changed if I'm interpreting the options correctly... the options I'm looking to restrict aren't within the user groups options, but the individual admin member options...it may not be an option to do what I'm trying to do, maybe.
so could it be further limited to just allowing them to change the members usergroups instead of being able to edit the members other info, view ip, etc?
Well what you had asked is simply allowing certain members to be able to edit user group of another members and the add-on that I had mentioned does exactly that.