Welcome to Our Community

Registration on our forums are now open for some days! Feel free to sign up today.

Category in Navigation Menu

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion' started by metax, Dec 9, 2016.

1. metax

metaxRegistered
    Registered

Hi. So basically i want to add a Forum category and its child categories in the Navigation Menu.
    For example:
    upload_2016-12-9_20-2-7.png
    Where ANIME should be the menu in NAV and the sublist will be the categories inside..

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Caldexi

CaldexiAdministrator
      Team Member Administrator Moderator +Lifetime VIP+ Contributor ViP True Member +Member+ Suppliers Registered

Hey @metax.

It looks like they enabled this setting: ACP > Options > Node & Forum List > enable Create Pages for Categories.

If you need further assistance then don't hesitate to continue this thread!

• metax

metaxRegistered
      Registered

I can't see anything different with that options... I mean i want a category with all its own categories in Navigation Bar. Like this.:upload_2016-12-10_1-7-47.png

• Caldexi

CaldexiAdministrator
      Team Member Administrator Moderator +Lifetime VIP+ Contributor ViP True Member +Member+ Suppliers Registered

• Like Like x 1
      • metax

metaxRegistered
        Registered

I don't think this addons will help me. The problem is that i don't want to add manually the child categories from MAIN. I want only to add a main Categories and have a automatic popup or dropdown list with all his categories.
        upload_2016-12-10_11-3-10.png

• Caldexi

CaldexiAdministrator

Hey @metax.

Try this, navigate to ACP > Appearance > Style Properties > {your_default_style} > Forum / Node List > and enable all the settings on that page, it allows you to display a dropdown box for subcategories.

• metax

metaxRegistered
        Registered

@Caldexi
        Maybe i wasn't so clear. The attachment image what i posted above is on my forum. I want that "dropdown box for subcategories." in Navigation BAR [ top ]. ( and i don't want to create a TAB: Anime and after add manually every single anime in it )

• Caldexi

CaldexiAdministrator

Hey @metax, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were trying to achieve a similar design from scratch.

What you want to do is use [Free Add-on ] - Nodes As Tabs to display existing nodes as tabs in your navigation menu ;)!

• Like Like x 2
        • metax

metaxRegistered
          Registered

This was exactly what i was looking for. Thank you very much :)