Welcome to Our Community

Registration on our forums are now open for some days! Feel free to sign up today.

How do you remove the double posts from posting resources?

Discussion in 'Suggestions/Feedback/Questions' started by BadassOverlord, Nov 18, 2016.

1. BadassOverlord

BadassOverlordRegistered
    Registered

I noticed that on these forums, posting a resource counts as 1 post. On my forum, posting a resource counts as a double post, and a lot of users have used it to get their post count up.

2. negative

negativeLifetime VIP
    +Lifetime VIP+ ViP True Member +Member+ Registered

probably because it also makes a new thread.
    You can disable post counts in those sub-forums. Which may not be fair to people posting under them
    Or alternatively find a way to disable post count for resources

3. BadassOverlord

BadassOverlordRegistered
    Registered

Yeah, that's exactly what my question was for lol, maybe I should rephrase it.

4. negative

negativeLifetime VIP
    +Lifetime VIP+ ViP True Member +Member+ Registered

I'm not experienced with resource manager. can you not make that thread on someone else's behalf?
    maybe a bot user. that way the original author cannot get post count increment

5. Caldexi

CaldexiAdministrator
    Team Member Administrator Moderator +Lifetime VIP+ Contributor ViP True Member +Member+ Suppliers Registered

Hey @BadassOverlord.

Navigate to your ACP > Appearance > Node Tree and click on "Forum", gently de-select the "Count messages posted in this forum towards user total" field, don't forgot to save the changes ;)!

6. BadassOverlord

BadassOverlordRegistered
    Registered

Looks like this was the solution. I've been wondering about this for a while now, thanks so much guys. Really appreciate the help, and I apologize if this was a rather dumb question.