[Answered] rank ordering: port or code new

So ive moved over from vb4 after their lack of support in fixing numerous issues. I'm just about ready to launch the new xf1 based site but still have a few things I need to work out first. I have a user group ranks add-on, which I need vs titles. Something not included in that addon was an ordering option. So, I would like to see if anyone can port an existing vb addon for doing this to xf, or if one can be made to do so. Let me know a price either way, and we'll go from there.

the add on from vb is MarkFL's Rank ordering, I can supply it if needed.

Similar threads

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
So ive moved over from vb4 after their lack of support in fixing numerous issues. I'm just about ready to launch the new xf1 based site but still have a few things I need to work out first. I have a user group ranks add-on, which I need vs titles. Something not included in that addon was an ordering option. So, I would like to see if anyone can port an existing vb addon for doing this to xf, or if one can be made to do so. Let me know a price either way, and we'll go from there.

the add on from vb is MarkFL's Rank ordering, I can supply it if needed.
Hey can you explain this with some screenshots , also have you checked out these addons already available for xenforo

[RT] User Rank Ribbons - Styling & Interface - XenForo Nulled Community
[3.studIo] Usergroup Ranks - Admin Tools - XenForo Nulled Community

i will add screenshots of everything when i get back home, but yea theres no current xf addon for what i need. i have the user group ranks addon, but it doesnt let me order it like the titles does. however the titles wont let me hyperlink my custom banners so thats why i got the usergroup ranks. anywho, im out doing an estimate but ill attach screens later.
[automerge]1523727603[/automerge]
first 2 are from vb addon by MarkFL. works wonderfully. other 2 show the rank addon for xenforo. in the 3rd pic the ranks are on top of the avatar holder, and under is the titles. Theres no order option on the ranks however, so ranks that I need shown first are going to be in the order that I add them to rank manager. problem being, when I need to add a clan, ie: NEG Gremlins, its going to be way at the bottom instead of at top with the other usergroup ranks. Hopefully this clarifies what I need lol I'm a nub on all this stuff, especially xenforo, as ive been around vb4 for years. If I'm missing anything to help define what I need or w/e Ill create an account for both sites so you can see it for yourself on both, or ill explain best I can =)

Attachments

Last edited:

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
i will add screenshots of everything when i get back home, but yea theres no current xf addon for what i need. i have the user group ranks addon, but it doesnt let me order it like the titles does. however the titles wont let me hyperlink my custom banners so thats why i got the usergroup ranks. anywho, im out doing an estimate but ill attach screens later.
[automerge]1523727603[/automerge]
first 2 are from vb addon by MarkFL. works wonderfully. other 2 show the rank addon for xenforo. in the 3rd pic the ranks are on top of the avatar holder, and under is the titles. Theres no order option on the ranks however, so ranks that I need shown first are going to be in the order that I add them to rank manager. problem being, when I need to add a clan, ie: NEG Gremlins, its going to be way at the bottom instead of at top with the other usergroup ranks. Hopefully this clarifies what I need lol I'm a nub on all this stuff, especially xenforo, as ive been around vb4 for years. If I'm missing anything to help define what I need or w/e Ill create an account for both sites so you can see it for yourself on both, or ill explain best I can =)
I don't know why you require that rank add-on as you can setup usergroups badges (Screenshot) like you can see on our website under my name there are badges ofc we can also style them use images and else.

Screenshot

in usergroup edit page you can add a banner text and select banner styling for a specific usergroup and also you can use usergroup promotions so that user automatically get added to that specific group and a new banner get attached to his account . Display styling priority is what you can use to order your ranks properly. if you can setup usergroup badges, usergroup promotion and display styling priority properly you can easily achieve it

yea im a vb4 5ish year user so still new to xf, and too used to vb4. i have user.Banner set up, problem was i couldnt figure out how to make them clickable. and on vb4 i used the ranks and markfls addon to order them as needed. as far as the built-in banners...lol yea im good on that, there arent enough to cover my usergroups and i have too much time in my custom ones. the major issue with them is trying every code i could find to hyperlink and not getting anywhere. It would save a lot of time as those are already set up, but without hyperlink its useless to me. So i found the rank add on, and figured id get someone to code in what i need to make it work how i need.

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
yea im a vb4 5ish year user so still new to xf, and too used to vb4. i have user.Banner set up, problem was i couldnt figure out how to make them clickable. and on vb4 i used the ranks and markfls addon to order them as needed. as far as the built-in banners...lol yea im good on that, there arent enough to cover my usergroups and i have too much time in my custom ones. the major issue with them is trying every code i could find to hyperlink and not getting anywhere. It would save a lot of time as those are already set up, but without hyperlink its useless to me. So i found the rank add on, and figured id get someone to code in what i need to make it work how i need.
Well this tutorial is what you need to look

Unmaintained - User Group Badges (Per Usergroup)

You can use this tutorial for adding badges ,hyperlinks and order badges as you like :)

this is a viable option, assuming I can figure out the hyperlink code I need to add lol. would u happen to know how to hyperlink within the code? only reason for this is that within the community there are different clans, this is an xbox live gaming community btw. so to make it easy to navigate to each clans forums we hyperlink the banners in vb to their forum pages. just less headache for us admins when new users are trying to navigate the site
[automerge]1523804058[/automerge]
also an ordering code? =)

Last edited:

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
this is a viable option, assuming I can figure out the hyperlink code I need to add lol. would u happen to know how to hyperlink within the code? only reason for this is that within the community there are different clans, this is an xbox live gaming community btw. so to make it easy to navigate to each clans forums we hyperlink the banners in vb to their forum pages. just less headache for us admins when new users are trying to navigate the site
Just add CSS class of badges in href tags

CSS:
<a href="#" ><li class="badgeAdmin">
</li></a>
[automerge]1523812637[/automerge]
also an ordering code? =)
HTML:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 3}">
<li class="badgeAdmin">
</li>
</xen:if>
For ordering it's just this code you need to do up or down depending on the usergroup I'd defined in helper ismemberof.

Last edited:
got home and after an hour of not knowing what I'm doing, I realized u put that in plain English and got all the ones that need hyperlinked done! Very nice!! now for ordering...=/
[automerge]1523830094[/automerge]
so if I'm reading correctly then my coding should look something like this:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, display 500, $user, x}">
<a href=xxxxxxxxx>
<li class="badgefounder">
</li></a>
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, display 505, $user, 3}">
<li class="badgeadmin">
</li>
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, display 100, $user, x}">
<a href=xxxxxxxxxxx>
<li class="badgenegvg">
</li></a>

whereas basically no matter what groups a member is in, the clan (negvg) banner would show first above all others?

Last edited:
so I'm sitting here watching walking dead and it came to me. scratch the above code, you are saying that whatever order I put them in on the extra.css is the order they will be displayed?
so if I want the clans to show before other things I just have to have them listed first, and then followed by w/e other groups in the order I want them in? and this is the rank ordering just without an addon and extra code??
[automerge]1523846327[/automerge]
yea it worked, I'm not a coding guy so took me a while to realize what you meant. thank you!!!!

Last edited:
one last question on these badges and I'm done bothering you about them =) how would I get these to display in the member profiles in place of where the titles/ranks would be?

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
one last question on these badges and I'm done bothering you about them =) how would I get these to display in the member profiles in place of where the titles/ranks would be?
Member_profile is the template you need to lookup that's all what I can tell as I don't have any sites running on xenforo 1.x