• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Answered] Social Media Icons - External Links

Thread starter #1
So hey guys a bit of a noob here so im gonna lay this out very straight forward and hope you can help.

On my welcome page I have social media icons. When i modify the coding from "<li><a href="*"<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li> to this <li><a href="www.facebook.com"<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li> . When I click the link it sends me to "www.myhomepage.us/www.facebook.com". My question is how can I remove the homepage portion so it sends me directly to my social media page. Thoughts? I realize its an ez fix i just don;t know how to do it.

Similar threads

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
Suppliers
Registered
So hey guys a bit of a noob here so im gonna lay this out very straight forward and hope you can help.

On my welcome page I have social media icons. When i modify the coding from "<li><a href="*"<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li> to this <li><a href="www.facebook.com"<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li> . When I click the link it sends me to "www.myhomepage.us/www.facebook.com". My question is how can I remove the homepage portion so it sends me directly to my social media page. Thoughts? I realize its an ez fix i just don;t know how to do it.
Your html code doesn't seems to be correct

Try this
HTML:
<li><a href="www.facebook.com"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li>